Facebook engaged in an elaborate bait and switch on user data: Privacy disappeared when competition did. Laws governing competition could change that.
Thursday, April 18, 2019
Topics: The Stupell Home Decor Black and White Modern Type Wash Your Hands You Filthy Animal Wall Plaque Art, 12x18, Multi-color, Portable Hand-held Carry Case Shoulder Handbag Suitcase for DJI Mavic PRO Quadcopter, Surveillance state, Technology and innovation
Posted by Yves Smith at 2:09 am |
Cameroon (German. Colony) 19 1900 Ship Imperial Yacht Hohenzollern (Stamps for collectors) seafaringMasters of the Universe Minis Faker & Man-At-Arms Exclusive Mini Figure 2-Pack by He-Man Masters of the Universe Miniscolor07 50 x70 Inch BelleAckerman Baby Blanket Yarn Kids Thanksgiving,Giving Thanks Being Grateful Cartoon Animals Grizzly Bear Wild Mushrooms,Multicolor Soft, Fuzzy, Cozy, Lightweight Blankets 50 x60
Monetary policy favors carbon-intensive industries. Time to stop doing that.
Posted by Yves Smith at 9:55 am |
Rainbow Beach Throw Blanket Kids Jumping with Joy 72W x 54L Inch,Home Decorations for Living Room Bedroom
Posted by Yves Smith at 6:55 am |
Even though the Good Friday/Easter weekend is coming up and Brexit matters are thus in low gear, the UK still seems stuck in its pattern of confusing motion with progress. A short list of updates: Labour-Tory talks still going nowhere. I’m not sure it would be progress even if the negotiations were going somewhere, since […]
Posted by Yves Smith at 6:44 am |
Cloth Book Baby Gift, Soft Books for Newborn Babies, 3D Books Fabric Activity, Feel Early Development Educational Toy for Boy & Girl, Touch and Feel Activity, Baby Educational Books Learning Toys
Why First Amendment “freedom of the press” protections are far broader than most Americans realize.
- Drake Eiyuu Senki swimsuit ver. Repaint Miyazawa Limited Edition(1 8 Scale PVC Figure)
- 3x4M LPKH Tarpaulin Tarpaulin Waterproof Heavy Duty-Green Tarp Sheet-Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Truck,Covers for Camping,Fishing,Gardening and Pets Tarp TARPAULINS (Size 3x4M)
- PriPara Nendgoldid Plus acrylic key chain Soramisumairu set
- Size 6 Women's Christmas Sweater OppoSuit bluee
- Pearl .5 Wide Twill Tape, 36 yd, White
- Farmerly Sofa Mats Cotton Non-Slip Sofa Cover Multi-Size Sofa Cover Non-Slip Decorative Couch Cover for Living Room Simple Design 1PC Apricot, 90x160cm
- Dreams Smiski Glow in The Dark Mini Figure Set Living, Toilet + Bath Series 3 Assorted Blind Box
- Size 14 da Vinci Oil & Acrylic Top Acryl Paint Brush, Size 50
- Flameer Radio Control Trucks 2WD Cars Trucks Robot Chassis DIY Kit for Arduino
- Dora the Explorer Dora & Lickety Split Dora's Pony Adventures
- 2 Deluxe 500 Piece Jigsaw Puzzles Field of Flowers & Baby Seals by The Canadian Group
Today’s Water Cooler: China trade, Q1 Democrat fundraising, Biden, Buttigieg, Sanders (FOX, CAP, taxes), Trump, Pelosi, reparations, industrial production, housing, AirBnB, Huawei, Kropotkin on climate, ridesharing and traffic fatalities, dairy farming, Game of Thrones, cats and dogs
China’s once-hefty current account surpluses are falling away. What are the implications?
Posted by Yves Smith at 6:55 am |
Mourning Notre Dame
A few sad words about the loss of Notre Dame.
Posted by Yves Smith at 4:00 am |
Members of the Zad engaged in a nearly decade long, successful commual effort to block the construction of an airport near Nantes. But what happens when you win?
Posted by Yves Smith at 2:06 am |
Sanders Takes the Campaign Against CAP to Eleven
Sanders takes off his gloves.
Posted by Yves Smith at 12:36 am |
Today’s Water Cooler: Biden and brokered convention, Buttigieg and South Bend, Booker’s crowds, Harris’s book, Sanders vs. Neera Tanden cage match, Trump could win, Yang, voting machines, manufacturing, Panasonic, Uber, Amazon, Tesla, Japan Display, average warming, cursive handwriting
Posted by Lambert Strether at 2:00 pm |
Doodle Super Soft Lightweight Blanket Cartoon Styled Cute Cats Bats and Skulls Japanese Inspired Kawaii Design Velvet Plush Throw 60 x50 Light Pink Light bluee
A proposal for a revised terminology climate change opponents.
Posted by Lambert Strether at 1:55 pm |